Monday 12 May 2008

Corin's 1st blog

Hi, this is my 1st blog as part of the Mega Squad. I competed in the world surf kayak championships last year and got a 2nd place in the junior IC but was dissappointed in my result in the junior HP. So i got a new MEGA REFLEX and also decided to do a bit of playboating to hopefully improve my HP performance.


So far results have gone my way, I came 1st in the Inny junior Rodeo. I then competed in the Irish National Junior Freestyle championships which was held over 2 different events. I got a 1st place on the Curragower wave in Limerick and my brother Jake got a 2nd place. The 2nd event was at the Hole feature in Clifden, i came a very lucky 2nd and Jake came 7th. This gave me 1st overall and i was delighted to be crowned Irish Junior freestyle National champion and Jake also did very well getting 3rd place overall. I enjoyed all the Rodeos, everyone was very friendly and i also got to meet a lot of top freestyle paddlers.


Rollon to the Europeans in Mundaka. I arrived on the Friday and got to free surf on the Mundaka wave for about 2 hours but managed to loose a fin. Having no backup Fins Malcolm came to the rescue with a set of his new fins and so far they have been performing really well. On saturday we surfed the Mundaka wave and i made it through in the juniors but got knocked out of the mens. On sunday i got through to the junior final in Bakio and managed to win with Philip comming 2nd. Philip is a fantastic competitor and i am looking forward to competing against him in the future. After the competition i had another great free surf on the Mundaka rivermouth. I really enjoyed this trip especially the freesurfing in Mundaka.


No comments: