Sunday 4 May 2008

Congratulations Coran and welcome to the Flying Squad!

Had a great weekend at Mundaka and Bakio. It sounded like perfect surf at Mundaka on the Friday and I was envious of the people who got to surf then! The competition happened on Mundaka thoughout Saturday with smaller conditions but some random slightly bigger, fast waves that is classic Mundaka. In the evening a nice steep bowl opened up on the inside sandbank, setting up for an awesome freesurf till my body was too tired to move!

We went to Bakio on Sunday for the competitions. Bakio is usually a wave that I really enjoy but I struggled to find good waves in the junior final, Coran took a well deserved first with me second. Jake King is also paddling really well, his surfing’s coming on very fast. Well done to Chris H, Darren and Edu for making the final(s). Edu looked almost unbeatable and was reading the unpredictable Bakio really comfortably.

Philip Watson

No comments: